25 Facts About Sex You Never Knew
Sex is the most natural thing in the world and yet it is the least talked about.
The world treats sex as a taboo and goes about doing things without even knowing, yet it is one of the most natural (if not the most natural) behaviors we encounter as humans. Below are 20 facts about sex that you likely never knew before today:
- An average healthy man can ejaculate enough sperm in two weeks to impregnate every woman in the world.
- Have you ever wondered why it is difficult to urinate immediately after having sex? That’s because when you orgasm, an anti-diuretic hormone is released in your body. This particular fact makes me even more curious about the contents of the female’s ‘squirt.’
- If you’re into spanking, biting, hair-pulling, and perhaps even a tad bit of masochist behavior, it could be due to this next fact. Sex increases your immunity to pain, which means orgasms trigger hormones that help you increase your pain threshold. This is likely why our bodies respond far differently to this behavior while in the heat of the moment than it would under most other circumstances.
- You’ve likely heard about a person’s pupils dilating when they are looking at something they find attractive, but did you know the same is true about a woman’s breasts? In fact, a woman’s breasts can swell up to 25 % when she is turned on.
- Post workout is a great time to have sex. Working out releases testosterone in your body and also circulates blood in to your genital area.
6. In case you needed another reason to have sex, how about the fact it’s considered to be one of the best stress busters by lowering your blood pressure while simultaneously calming you down.
7. Looking for a holistic cure for your headaches? Sex can be a great, all-natural cure.
8. Hold the Botox and the wrinkle cream, because having sex at least three times a week can actually make you look 4–7 years younger.
9. If you’re in the middle of a creative funk and haven’t considered sex as a possible solution, it might be time to give it a shot! According to several studies, sex can trigger creativity! So if you have a presentation at work tomorrow, it’s possible a solution could lie between the sheets.
10. A woman’s sexual drive reaches its peak just before her period.
11. If you’re sexually attracted to someone, it is much more difficult to lie to them.
12. If your schedule doesn’t always allow for a workout, at least you can rest assured sex is a possible solution as a single session can burn up to 100 calories!
13. A woman’s clitoris contains over 8000 nerve endings, almost the twice of that of a penis, so the next time she asks you to ‘go easy’ or ‘be gentle,’ refer back to this fact.
14. It’s no one’s fault per say when a woman can’t climax as it takes a great deal more time with differing methods. For example, a woman can orgasm in about 4 minutes through masturbation while it will take her roughly 10 to 20 minutes to orgasm during intercourse.
15. The only physiological response in a human body that cannot be voluntarily stopped once it has started apart from orgasms is a sneeze.
16. Men reach their sexual peak at 17 years of age.
17. Have you wondered what makes chocolate an aphrodisiac? It could have something to do with its phenylethylamine component, which gives you the same ecstatic feeling people feel when they’re sexually attracted to someone.
18. The average man has 11 erections per day and 9 erections a night. Holy boners!
19. If you’re on a diet, but also like to swallow, fear not because a teaspoon of semen only contains about 5 calories.
20. Women who have sex at least once a week have more regular menstrual cycles.
How To Go Down On Your Man The Right Way
If you’re leaving out these things, you’re doing it wrong.
21. A common misconception is that men are the only gender that can achieve climax while sleeping, but nocturnal orgasms are possible for women too! This occurs when the clitoris and genital area become engorged with blood.
22. Fantasizing about other people while having sex isn’t super uncommon. Contrarily, about 42% of men admitted to doing so while 46% of women said they, too, had fantasized about other people while mid-hump.
23. A study found that people who use bondage, sadism, masochism, discipline, or another form of BDSM are psychologically healthier than those who don’t due to their openness to new experiences, less neurotic behavior, and not being as sensitive when it comes to getting rejected.
24. Vaginas can expand by up to 200% when aroused! So much for it only being true when it comes to childbirth. In addition to this, women’s vaginas also do what’s called ‘tenting,’ which is when the lower part of the vagina constricts and the part that’s near the cervix dilates, making it easier for the penis to enter.
25. Let’s round this list off on an a light note. Though sperm makes up roughly three percent of semen and the rest includes things like sugar, there are also immunosuppressants and compounds that boost your mood such as endorphins, oxytocin, and serotonin. I’ll take a little Vitamin D, please!
What’s most important to keep in mind is the value in educating yourself. Most of these facts are in your favor and by knowing the way our body works with us to make our experience more enjoyable, we can ensure it does exactly that.
If you enjoyed this article: here are a few others you might like:
How To Go Down On Your Woman The Right Way
If you’re skipping out on any of these things, you’re likely doing it wrong.